Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Margery Kempe


Well,
This, for me, was definetly not a page turner. I am not much a religious person so trying to get through this piece became very difficult. Although I don't truly understand this sort of lifestyle that she is writing about, I do respect it. Her thoughts on God having both masculine and femine attributes was rathering shocking considering the time period in which she was writing. To me this piece felt like more of a church service than a good read but to each their own. It was still rather interesting. The "Women interpreting Scripture int he Middle Ages" was very helpful. Although it gave only a brief description of how women lived, the beguines and Julian of Norwich, it gave a good insight into how women, especially religious women functioned at that time.

1 Comments:

Blogger ebeyea said...

Deanna I was like you and I agree the last reading, "Women interpetating Scripture" was a big help to me. It was really the only thing I enjoyed. I found the presentation in class also helped a great deal as well, it kind of gave life to what was being said in the works we read.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home